The Easie Precis: Straightforward love triangle sort of story. Really, though, the focal point is the city of New York, beautifully shot in black and white. I could watch this movie, on mute, for three days straight and it still wouldn't lose any charm.
Compatible Movies: Ummm, something by Antonioni?.. La Notte (1961)
The "for what it's trying to be" score: 90%
Watch the Trailer? Sure. Watch it here.
A Little More Detail...
The story in this movie is typical Woody Allen: a sort of love-quartet type situation involving affairs and unrequited love, etc. Although I'm sure it's been analysed to death, I choose to take this movie as pretty shallow. There's some interesting dialogue and thoughts running through the movie, and some good jokes, but really I think it's just simply telling a story with some beautiful imagery to go along with it.
What's it About?
New Yorkers. New York. Pointless philosophical debates. Pseudo-Intellectuals. Older men with younger women - or, should I say, the value of realizing true love without giving into society's demands.
Best Viewing Company: By yourself
No comments:
Post a Comment