Saturday, 28 February 2015

Movie Review: Donnie Darko (2001)

The Easie Precis: Do you believe in time travel? A disturbed high school kid is visited by a giant bunny rabbit, who tells him the world is going to end soon. The actual film is even more weird than that sentence makes it sound

Compatible Movies: I've been searching, but really a unique film. Perhaps a little David Lynch-esque.

The "for what it's trying to be" score: 84% Love 16% Fear

Watch the Trailer? I recommend to not watch - it shows a little too much. It is however, a nice trailer and does serve the film well.

A Little More Detail...
It's hard to say too much about this film without giving anything away. Apparently Richard Kelly, the director had wanted to make a superhero movie. The end result is nothing of the like.

This is the sort of film where every little thing that happens feels like it has some double-meaning, or that it will be relevant later on.

This, coupled with a brilliant soundtrack combines to create a very atmospheric film. By atmospheric I mean creeeeeppppppyyyyyyyy.

This film has some great lines.... "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

What's it About?
High school, Suburban Neighbourhoods, Time Travel, Death

Best Viewing Company: Anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment