I will attempt to review 2 films at once: Wicker man (1976) and it's 2006 remake. BLUE text refers to the original, ORANGE text refers to the remake.
The Easie Precis: A creepy ridiculous story of one man's missing persons investigation. Set on an isolated island, while you can feel the trap bad-acting closing in on him. This film is a thoroughly entertaining watch.
Compatible Movies: These two films are NOTHING like one another.
The "for what it's trying to be" score: 79 2%
Watch the trailer? Yes and yes.
A Little More Detail...
I'm not sure if it is solely because it is an English American film from the seventies noughties, but the creepiness cheesiness of this film is felt instantly and strongly. The film-makers clearly researched neglected the druids and pagans and as such are able to present a compellingly real fraudulent universe. The creepiness - the uneasy feeling hilarity you get from the film feels like it comes from a place of reality absurdity. It is not just typical Hollywood things trying to scare you. At times you almost feel like this movie is a documentary joke.
I would not recommend playing a drinking game while watching this film. A good one is here.
The lead actor gives a remarkable performance.
I recommend it to watch.
What's it About?
Isolated islands, Pagans, Missing Persons, THE BEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
No comments:
Post a Comment